Friday, July 13, 2012

The "Firefly" reunion sounded incredible




Ten years after a low rated show goes off the air, it's pretty much forgotten. Yet, somehow Firefly has been able to endure stronger than pretty much any other failed show in history. On EW.com, there's a recap of what exactly when down at the nerdiest of all nerd panels. Selected highlights follow:

- To portray River Tam, the then-19-year-old Summer Glau remembered what it was like to be 17. Two years prior. That's some really heavy stuff. Nobody should have to remember what life was like at 17.

- Nathan Fillion is forever grateful to Joss Whedon for giving him the opportunity to be the leading man. Prior to this point, his most notable role was Ryan Reynolds' romantic rival on "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place". People everywhere are also grateful to have Fillion in their lives. Not that I have dreams about him or anything.

- Apparently they're going to explore more of the universe in comic form. Yes, because that has been working out so brilliantly for Buffy. I haven't read the Buffy comics but I hear they just continually get more and more atrocious. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

- The panel ends with the audience, followed by the cast, giving Joss Whedon a standing ovation.

Now, I know not everyone agrees, but I can't think of more awesome, quality writing than Whedon has done. I still can't get over the fact that Marvel let him make the Avengers movie he wanted to make and that he's now the highest grossing director of all time not named James Cameron. It's amazing. And the fact that Firefly got to live, even as short as it did, and then in movie form no less, is nothing short of a miracle. What I wouldn't have given to by a fly on that wall today. Shiny, indeed.

(via EW.com)

1 comment:

  1. "Not that I have dreams about him or anything."

    I do. And please imagine me raising my eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete